[Regia-NA] CDs?

Martin Field marfield66 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 3 23:54:38 EDT 2004

Well, as you are well aware there is no surviving Anglo-Saxon music and
*perhaps* the same goes for Norse.
For A-S music you could write to Garman Lord who publishes the newsletter
Theod and sells books  as well as cassette tapes and CD's that he has
personally recorded.
Ask for his newsletter 'Theod' where all his other saleable goods are
advertized including harps.
The first multi-track Anglo-Saxon style recording is called 'Harp Runes from
Allfather's Hall' and is available on both Cassette ($11.00) and now CD
($16.00).
The second is 'Songs of the Elder Trow' and again is on both cassette
($12.00) and CD ($16.00).
I have both and I find them to be quite good although I think it is the
latter that is a little heavy on the echo effect.
I see from his listing he also has 'Songs of Ancient Goths' - CD only
($16.00)and 'Songs of Yggdrasil' (Icelandic perhaps???) - CD only ($5.00).
www.geocities.com/medieval_music/galdor.htm
I wasn't able to open this up - probably due to too much *&$#%& on my comp.
at the time so just in case here is his snail mail address -
Theod, PO Box 8062, Watertown, NY 13601.
Cheers
Martin