[Regia-NA] Norwich

J K Siddorn kim.siddorn at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 08:22:11 EDT 2004

On behalf of Regia Anglorum and its client, Norwich City Council, my sincere thanks to all those who provided such an
excellent event for a new client this weekend. There are several layers in the events team and all of them were just
bowled over by our work.

Especial mention was made to me of the very effective and pro-active attitude of everyone working on the LHE and the
willingness with which they answered the visitor's questions. The County Archaeologist was originally much in favour of
bringing over "real" Vikings from Scandinavia to perform the event. They would have provided less than a quarter of the
structures we put up and were mostly traders. A small boat would have accompanied them and their fee would have been
twice the very worthwhile figure that we charged.

In the event, he was just bowled over by every aspect of our presentation, from the way that everyone saw to their own
authenticity *and* that someone came round and checked it, to the "........ high standards of construction of the
amazing range of artefacts..."  we had on display.

The battles frightened the life out of  one of the client's people and I had trouble calming them down as they were
concerned they would be at risk under H&S legislation!

Other arena displays were as well received and, for myself, I thought the boat burial on Monday was one of the better
things we've done for some time. My particular thanks to Paddy O'Connell whose suggestion it was that we do this and for
the enthusiasm of the membership for something new.

The ships were - as usual - a great asset to the show and my thanks to Phil and all those members who rowed and carried
the vessels about the place. The client was impressed by the scale of the enterprise and (strangely!) because the big
ship had just been painted. The county archaeologist was impressed with the Saexering because it looked just "right" and
actually had to ask if the larger vessel was GRP as we looked down into the hull.

All in all, a great success and to all those who inquired if we'll be back there next year - I'm working on it ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,
Regia Anglorum

This e-mail is confidential, legally privileged and - unless otherwise stated in the message body - is intended for the
sole attention of the addressee. If you are not this person, please do not read, save, re-transmit or print the
information it contains. Views expressed herein may or may not be the established policy of Regia Anglorum. Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

Daily updated anti-virus software was used in the generation of this e-mail and any attachments, but it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that their incoming mail is virus free.