[Regia-NA] Greetings from a newbie

Tracie Brown trbrown at uga.edu
Tue Jun 1 16:05:40 EDT 2004

Welcome, John!

My buddy Anne and I are busy researching monastic life during
the Regia period, and we just bought some brown wool and
linen to construct habits. Being ladies of a certain age and
status, there is a certain attraction to a comfortable
convent retirement plan ... at least we're counting on it
being comfortable.  We don't care what the bishop says, we're
keeping our lap dogs.

I'll be looking for "Stations of the Sun" -- it shouldn't be
to hard to find in this university town.

By the way, where did you go to seminary?  My old college
roommate went to Seabury-Western, and I loved going up to
visit. We used to jerk her chain by telling people that she
was studying to be a priestess. "I wish you wouldn't say
that," she'd chide. "It sounds so heathen!"  (She was one of
the first women officially ordained in the the Episcopal
church.)

Hope to meet you, too, though it may be a while.  I'm in
Georgia. (Hence the linen habits -- linen is our friend.)

-- Tracie