[Regia-NA] Windsock banners?

Carolyn Priest-Dorman capriest at cs.vassar.edu
Sun Jul 18 11:03:03 EDT 2004

Douglas/Osweald wrote:

>I am interesting in building a "windsock" dragon banner such as those
>illustrated in the BT. I wonder if anyone who has done this can offer some
>tip for construction?

We made a small one about 18 years ago.  It was intended to stand atop a
spearpole in our camp as a sort of totem rather than to be flown on a
battlefield.  It was about 24" long, a blue tapering cone-shaped windsock
that sort of resembled a dragon.  It didn't have a fancy head construction,
just some rudimentary eyes, ears, and a couple of scales made from cloth
with a wire loop running around the inside mouth area to keep it open to
any breeze.  At our breezeless forested site, it didn't fly very well, and
we soon abandoned it as "not our idiom." ;>  But for a while there, we sort
of felt Arthurian....

Carolyn Priest-Dorman              Þóra Sharptooth
  http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/thora.html