[Regia-NA] Have a Happy.....:-)

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Fri Jul 9 20:02:58 EDT 2004

No, silly! The Coneheads!

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-bounces at lig.net
[mailto:list-regia-na-bounces at lig.net]On Behalf Of rmhowe
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 2:32 AM
To: list-Regia-NA
Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] Have a Happy.....:-)

Jeanne wrote:
> HA HA!
>
> BOTH my girls went to bed about this time.  I got up about 30 min to
prepare
> that all American past time of charred mammal flesh, boiled embryo and
> fermented grain!
>
> Guess what I watched last night?!?!

Some vegetarian choking down fish, or the Patriot movie church scene?

Gotta love Banistaire Tarleton. Cornwallis might have stood a
chance if he'd shot Tarleton. The Southern leaders he incensed
were more of a problem than the Yankees were for the English.

It's rather a pity a good English officer like Major Ferguson
came to a sad end instead.  He didn't know it at the time but
he spared Washington in his sniper rifle sights as being unsporting.
History has it's odd moments. That shot might have won the war.
Only Washington managed to hold the colonies together up north.
We hold events here at King's Mountain. It is very beautiful
in the spring with all the dogwoods in bloom.

The Revolutionary War was begun in the North,
Fought predominantly in the South, and finally
Won with the help of the French, mostly their fleet.
Very lately too.
Then Bonaparte's little problems doubled the size of America
with the best purchase any nation has ever made. Followed
by Alaska from the Russians. I bet the Canadians amongst us
would have loved the Bolsheviks less for neighbors than the
Yankees.(And we robbed the Mexicans and Spanish in between.)
In ten more years I fully believe a quarter of Mexico will
be up north. Large numbers of them here now. So it was only
a temporary 'borrowing' of their territory at best.

Still, we've saved their French butts twice from the Huns.
For the 45? French who died at Yorktown it was a really good
trade all things considered. I've been to their graves.
It's quite well tended and an honourable place to lie so
far from their home. Many thousands of Americans lie forever
in French fields.

How curious such an odd duck as de Gaulle should be the
main French leader in WWII. I should have though le Clerc
was better. At least he didn't think he was Joan of Arc
reincarnated.  Doubtless that Saintly air made him so
intractable.

Happy belated Independance Day to you too. :)

Magnus

> Soffya

list-Regia-NA site list
list-Regia-NA at lig.net