[Regia-NA] It gets worse

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Fri Jul 9 07:26:23 EDT 2004

My eyes!!!!!!!!!!

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:48:15 -0400, Tracie Brown wrote:
>
>  >And if you thought Sven the Viking King was bad, check out
>  >this guy:
>  >http://www.joatmon.com/renpics/pics/bopeep.jpg

I know it's a month late but honestly he looked like a big
bug (eyes and all) and I still say the farther south and
west you go (I'm thinking Texas here is the worst) the
weirder the Rennies get. Nothing that bad has been seen
in North Carolina so far that I know of, and we have
four separate festivals. There are of course the odd
Elizabethans in drag. But they almost look better than
Elizabeth I.

In the old Ren fest in New Orleans in the 80s, we had a chick who, um, came
as Raquel Welsh's 1 million BC, but was built like the mother in Gilbert
Grape.  As it was a park, she was asked to leave. Get this, she refused and
as it wasn't Mardi Gras, she was arrested for indecency and it took 5 cops
to hold her down.  She hurt 2.  I was around 14-ish.  So it made quite an
impression on me.