[Regia-NA] It gets worse

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 8 22:05:55 EDT 2004

Frojel Gotlandica wrote:
> Now that's what you can call full lenght coverage of history from
> caveman to modern asylum resident.
> What dedication. How brave of them to go out in public like that must
> take real guts.
> Must be drugs or something, maybe she's his day nurse?
> Couldn't be for real could it, oh noooooooooooooo.
>
> Sandy
>

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:48:15 -0400, Tracie Brown wrote:
>
>  >And if you thought Sven the Viking King was bad, check out
>  >this guy:
>  >http://www.joatmon.com/renpics/pics/bopeep.jpg

I know it's a month late but honestly he looked like a big
bug (eyes and all) and I still say the farther south and
west you go (I'm thinking Texas here is the worst) the
weirder the Rennies get. Nothing that bad has been seen
in North Carolina so far that I know of, and we have
four separate festivals. There are of course the odd
Elizabethans in drag. But they almost look better than
Elizabeth I.

And actually, from working three years nearly 80% of my time
in the mental wards at Central Prison because 1. I took 120
weapons and drug kits my last two years necessitating a death
threat by the permanent residents and 2. I was one of the few
guards who actually made rounds, I can tell you that the average
nutcase inmate spends the vast majority of his time heavily
medicated (and when they got out of line we'd give them enough
to kill the average human at first, and have to go back a half
hour later to check and see if we did just kill one.).
However, I have met 1 Superman, 1 Batman, 1 Samson, 3 Jesuses,
and one Holy Ghost (who was extremely dangerous, but by the
time I had already faced him down I had no idea that he was
the one who'd just cut up two guards the week before on the
other side of the Prison. Big Place - over 1400 inmates at
times with only about thirty guards inside.).

Yessir. Thorazine, Stelazine, and somethings else even worse
would slow them down to a crawl if necessary. However, I have
seen them do really remarkable things at times. Like put a
whole flaming pack of matches in one hand and hold the other
in the flames for a while and not flinch.

I seriously doubt if anyone really cared what they had for
real treatment. Most of them were simply diagnosed as schizophrenics,
chronic undifferentiated type.  It's the sociopaths that don't
act so crazy you really need to be wary of. I swear some of them
become SCA Dukes too. I'm fairly certain of it. Duke Aeonghais
anyone, who is doing life in Florida now? That would be one of
several sociopathic Duckies I've known or heard of.

But none of them look as weird as old bug-eyes.

Magnus