[Regia-NA] Have a Happy.....:-)

John Michalski jmichal2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 17:27:30 EDT 2004

By '79 or '80 they may have decided this, but if a
couple of balls had bounced differently in the first
12 or 18 months of the war the story might have had a
very different ending - especially when you remember
that, by most estimates that I've read, only about 33%
of the colonists supported 'The Cause'.

What if Washington had been killed or captured during
the disasterous New York campaign? What if the
Continental Congress had been captured in the fall of
Philadelphia? What if Burgoygne (sp?) had been
successful at Saratoga? What if Louis XVI's ministers
had convinced him that the rebels were a bad horse to
back?

If there's one thing that my decdes of studying
history have taught me, it's that most events look
impossible before they happen, and inevitable after.

Just my take on things,

John