[Regia-NA] Marylanders

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 2 20:40:23 EDT 2004

Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> Russ Holmes wrote:
>
>>> Cool!  I'm down in Germantown (Montgomery County).  We have Tom
>>> Sweeting aka Snorri down in my area also.
>>>
>>> -- Brett

So, It's beginning to look like Northern Atlantians are interested
in cross-pollination huh?  I -wish- middle Atlantians were but I
haven't seen it begin to swell here at all yet. I suppose our SCA
politics down here aren't as irritating as some up north I've heard
of. So the SCA in central NC is more gregarious, and less liable
to split up or do more than one reenactment group - except for
some jousting in the past. Our most obnoxious Atlantian Dukes in
the area have either been inactive, or not allowed to compete for
crown lately, or been reformed by the spouse. :) In every case
good for us.

I'm not at all surprised at the Longship Company possibly getting
involved. Was interested to see that they (and Anarra's behind)
have been on the History Channel.

>> Great! Is there anything like an organized group up here?
>

> Not as such... but if we can get more people involved (and we may have
> some local SCA folks interested), this is a distinct possibility.
>
> -- Brett

What you need is to get the Manx at yahoogroups.com interested.
That might have happened before if Master Finnr hadn't gotten
ticked and quit the list during a rather picky discussion on Regia-NA.
Then our dear friend died suddenly.  Finnr was an outstanding individual
and a tremendous loss to the hobby, and not just the SCA.
His Manx camp would be a first rate beginning for Regia there
if you could get more of them interested in it. As it is they
are a somewhat independant group with members from many other
groups. They are usually at the Military through the Ages event.

Magnus, a remote Manx, invited by Finnr to join the list,
but about 3-8 hours south depending on the area.
Raleigh, Central NC, SCA Barony of Windmasters' Hill