[Regia-NA] Dragon Storm starring John Rhys-Davies

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 27 04:08:51 EST 2004

Dragon Storm starring John Rhys-Davies on the SCI-FI
channel Thursday Nite at 9 e.s.t./8 central time.

J.R-D. seems to have grown a few inches since his
Gimli LoTR role (or they are using smaller actors).
Then again they made Alan Ladd look bigger either
using a box or by digging holes for eveyone else.
I'd use a box myself. I wonder if they put him
on stilts for dance and fight scenes indoors?
One of Master Henry Best's apprentices showed up
on stilts to dance at night in the barn a couple
years ago. She was up around 7 1/2 feet.

Saw it this weekend (I do tend to stay off the net
for a few days at a time and I missed announcing
that one) and it wasn't too bad if you can almost
totally suspend disbelief. It was better than most
other things playing at the time. It was preceded
by -Dragon Fighter- Saturday Nite. Lets see, what
could be worse than being in an underground bunker
complex with a highly carnivorous fire-breathing
dragon who's been resurrected (DNA sequenced)
by a bunch of idiots? Reminds me a lot of Pac Man
games. Now if they'd kept going with the first
few scenes in 1100 AD England they'd have been
more on the mark. Maybe they'll precede Dragon Storm
with it again. Check your local listings.

Master Magnus, OL, SCA; Regia.org; Manx; Great Dark Horde
** Do not copy to usenet newsgroups please. I get enough
spam as it is. Thank You. Your local elist is fine.