[Regia-NA] yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:48:25 -0600

Return of the King was brilliant :)

I've only ever physically cringed from movie violence twice in my life. First
movie was Starship Troopers, and the second time was in the theater watching
the Rohirrim charge the Mumakil. I'm not a person who easily gets drawn into
movies, but between the joy, horror, sorrow and bloodlust that film put me
through, I feel it was one of the best-directed movies of all time. Far better
than the first two.

My only complaint was that they cut the scene from the book where all the
regional armies from southern Gondor arrive to the aid of Minas Tirith,
especially Prince Imrahil and the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth. The Swan Knights
are my favourite fighting force from the books, and I would have loved to have
seen them on the silver screen. Ah well.

~Wil