[Regia-NA] A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF EUROPEAN TEXTILES, c. 1100 - 1750

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:48:49 -0500

http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/munro5/ETextBib.htm

Came up on the Artssciences mailing list.
Artssciences@lists.gallowglass.org
I know some of you will be interested in this, while many
of you will know about it already. Locally it is in the
NCSU Textiles library.

Harte, N.B. & Kenneth G. Ponting, eds. Cloth and Clothing in Medieval
Europe: Essays in Memory of Professor E.M. Carus-Wilson.
_Pasold Studies in Textile History 2_. London: Heinemann Educational
Books. 1983.
pp. 80-99 Agnes Geijer "The Textile Finds from Birka"
pp. 100-107 Margareta Nockert "A Scandinavian Haberget?"
pp. 316-350 Inga Hogg "Viking Women's Dress at Birka"
pp. 351-367 Marta Hoffman "Beds and Bedclothes in Medieval Norway"
Published: London : Heinemann Educational Books; [Edington] : Pasold
Research Fund, 1983. Series:  Pasold studies in textile history ; 2.
Authors/Titles: Carus-Wilson, E. M. (Eleanora Mary), 1897-1977.
Material: xiv, 401 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Notes: Includes bibliographical references and index.
ISBN: 0435323822

NCSU has a searchable Textiles School Library at:
http://catalog.lib.ncsu.edu/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in?LOGIN=guest&SERVERS=1home&SETTING_KEY=Files&SCREEN=home.html
and a huge search engine at:
http://catalog.lib.ncsu.edu/web2/tramp2.exe/goto/A24q109t.000?screen=multi_search.html&servers=TRLN
TRLN is the Triangle Research Libraries Network but on this page it
includes much, much more.

We used to be a textiles center until we taught our competition
how we did it and they went back overseas to do it cheaper.
Even the shoe factories are gone now.

The scary part was looking at the names of students in the
nuclear engineering department. Very few were european names.
Burlington Nuclear Lab/Reactor is on main campus.

Boy, I bet we'd do it all over again too.

Magnus