[Regia-NA] dogs Bayeux Tapestry

Ron Branga list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:37:52 -0500 (EST)

Wassail!

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what breed of dog is shown
accompanying the English shown on the Bayeux Tapestry. Below are 2
examples.
Thanks!

http://hastings1066.com/bayeux1.shtml
http://hastings1066.com/bayeux2.shtml
--
Ron Branga
Eželęceres/Othala Acres

from Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Major John Cartwright entitled
"Saxons, Constitutions and a Case of Pious Fraud" :

I was glad to find in your book a formal contradition, at length, of the
judiciary usurpation of legislative powers; for such the judges have
usurped in their repeated decisions, that Christianity is a part of the
common law. The proof of the contrary, which you have adduced, is
incontrovertible; to wit, that the common law existed while the
Anglo-Saxons were yet Pagans, at a time when they had never yet heard the
name of Christ pronounced, or knew that such a character had ever existed.