[Regia-NA] Productions about legends

Moe Berthiaume Talent at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 6 16:18:40 EST 2004

Dear Regia Members!

Yesterday, I had a unique opportunity to meet with members of Wynmerestow, a
Regia group based in Southern Ontario.  I found these people to be "real" in
their endeavour to reach their goals as members within a Living Historical
Society.  Everyone was warm, generous, they made me feel truly comfortable.

Some demonstrated  workmanship and others shared some of their knowledge
with me.  As a group, they gave me an opportunity to present a creation of
mine, a project related to 9th century Viking and Anglo Saxon cultures.
Afterwards, we had discussions related to authenticity and the members'
historical perspective about the above mentioned period.

Many thanks to Mark, Beth, Chris, Grainne, David and the rest of the group.

An issue I find to be interesting is the disdain some members seem to have
toward certain movies and other productions based on historical legends.  We
briefly discussed Arthur, Troy and Alexander.   During my presentation, I
mentioned "Medieval Times" in Toronto.  I felt certain members cringe a bit
but we didn't elaborate on this.

With regards to Medieval Times and/or other productions, would anyone have
anything to add to this discussion in terms of authenticity, positive or
negative impact on viewers, other interesting topics of discussion!

Sincerely,

Moe   Berthiaume
Talent at sympatico.on.ca