[Regia-NA] What are these?

Beth Peters list-regia-na@lig.net
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 07:22:57 -0700

They were often worn in matching pairs by women hanging from the belt during
the early part of the period (still pagan, non-Regia).  They look very
similar to keys of the period, but don't show the signs of wear that keys
do, plus why would you need 2 identical keys.

A Summary Catalog of The Anglo-Saxon Collections (Non-Ferrous Metals) by
Arthur Macgregor and Ellen Bollick has pictures of a bunch more.

Beth