[Regia-NA] Stinging nettles

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:28:25 EDT

--part1_31.3e7ba323.2ca9e1d9_boundary

I believe you have to soak them like flax to obtain the fibres - which are
not stingey at all, and in fact feel like silk.  BTW do you not have dock leaves
your side of the pond?  My granny taught me to spit on a dock leaf and rub it
on the site of the sting - it works much better than bought creams, and dock
leaves nearly always grow next to stinging nettles.

Aly

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly"
 GK Chesterton

--part1_31.3e7ba323.2ca9e1d9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" FACE=
=3D"Comic Sans MS" LANG=3D"0">I believe you have to soak them like flax to o=
btain the fibres - which are not stingey at all, and in fact feel like silk.=
 &nbsp;BTW do you not have dock leaves your side of the pond? &nbsp;My grann=
y taught me to spit on a dock leaf and rub it on the site of the sting - it=20=
works much better than bought creams, and dock leaves nearly always grow nex=
t to stinging nettles.
<BR>
<BR>Aly<I>
<BR>
<BR>"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly"=20
<BR> </I>GK Chesterton</FONT></HTML>

--part1_31.3e7ba323.2ca9e1d9_boundary--