[Regia-NA] Another authenticity issue

Tracie Brown list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:22:05 -0400

>From: Jan Ward <hawksbluff@yahoo.com>
>What do people who need glasses do? If they can't wear
>contacts, I mean.
>I started thinking about it, and I realized that by
>the time I really needed glasses, I'd already passed
>the average life expectancy for people in the middle
>ages.
>So what did they do when a person got some age related
>disability? Strand them on an ice floe?

   I'm legally blind in my right eye, but not so bad in the
left, so I just go without glasses.  I have a little problem
with depth perception, especially in the dark, but I can get
around pretty well. With archery, I've had to adjust my
aiming, since I shoot right handed but aim out of my left
eye.  It's surprising how much you can do without seeing
well.  I have a blind friend who knits, makes pottery and
does other crafts.  A person might be crippled or blind with
age, but still able to care for young children or stir a pot
or grind meal, to say nothing of play a musical instrument or
recite elaborate sagas from memory.

-- Tracie