[Regia-NA] Sumptuary Laws

Chris Boulton list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:56:16 +0100

> Will there be information in the membership packet?

That's likely, but I will say, promotion within groups that do operate the
rank strucure generally goes hand in hand with skills learned and attendance
at events.

Since your situation in the States is different in that you have few public
events specifically as Regia, your promotions might well be more skills and
knowledge based, and I have to say I've been quite staggered by the extent
of knowledge of many of the members in the U.S.A..

Given that you can spin, weave and sew your own cloth/garments, I'd say
you're well ahead of many members here in the U.K., so you already have
skills to be proud of and which one would expect would earn significant rank
gains in a group that operated the system.

So I wouldn't worry about depicting too high a rank if I were you.

This, by the way, is an example of the Great British Understatement.

I jest not.

Chris.