[Regia-NA] Sumptuary Laws

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:33:52 -0700 (PDT)

Chris wrote:

<As a general guideline, dress according to what
you're doing - if
you're
doing a high ranking activity, dress as a high ranking
person, if
you're
doing something menial, dress as an appropriately
lower rank to do so >

This is pretty much what I do now--if I'm doing
something messy like dyeing yarn or setting up camp
I'm in a grubby old dress. I dress up more for indoor
events such as feasts or courts.
I don't think much of my SCA wardrobe can be used for
Regia activities, should I ever have a chance to
attend any. That's why I want to make certain I'm
making the right sort of clothing--it's way too much
work to spin and weave and sew something that will
just end up hanging in a closet because I'm not
entitled to wear it.
Will there be information in the membership packet?
Edwinna