[Regia-NA] Introductions

santell juan list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 04:16:08 -0700 (PDT)

I was going to wait until my membership application
had been accepted (being of good character I believe
it should be) to introduce myself but since many of
you are not doing so I think it appropriate that I
introduce myself now. My name is Juan Santell, and
despite the name my heritage is half English. I live
in upstate NY near Rochester. I have an interest in
authentic period re-enacting and living history and
although I am not a member of the SCA, I am an
armourer that has specialized in SCA combat armour
which I have been making and selling for about 3
years. I work in plate steel and have done a little
work in maille although I lack the patience for it.
Lately I've been considering  primitive blacksmithing
as an outgrowth of my armouring and am toying with the
idea of putting together a primitive blacksmithing kit
for demos. Other than that, Regia is a new experience
for me and look forward to becoming involved. If some
of you could point me in the right direction to get
started, I would much appreciate it. As I said, I have
sent in my application, can I order the handbook or do
I need to wait until I have been accepted and if I
should wait, can anyone suggest any other publications
that would help me to get started? I don't want to
make any costly mistakes if I can help it. I hope to
hear from some of you.
                               Juan Santell