[Regia-NA] Embroidery? (pics) OT

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:30:50 +0200 (CEST)

------=_Part_12759_25331954.1064349050238

Off the topic...is there a get-together in Maryland?

Bill

Message date : Sep 23 2003, 08:30 PM
>From : Linda Rice
To : list-regia-na@lig.net
Copy to :
Subject : RE: [Regia-NA] Embroidery? (pics)
Wil, your work is lovely! Very nice, even stitches. ;o> However, can you tell us more about how you
made the stitch? I'm not sure if that's really herringbone, at least I've never seen true
herringbone in 2 colors! It doesn't really matter, because what you did is perfectly acceptable
anyway. Can't wait to see it in person next month. *(You are still coming to Maryland, right?)

Pax,

::Linda::

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-admin@lig.net [mailto:list-regia-na-admin@lig.net] On Behalf Of
wjy851@mail.usask.ca
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:21 AM
Subject: [Regia-NA] Embroidery? (pics)

My first real attempt at embroidery (sorry pics are blurry)

http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/images/misc/embroid01.JPG
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/images/misc/embroid02.JPG
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/images/misc/embroid03.JPG
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/images/misc/embroid04.JPG

Is a simple single-strand herringbonelike this, used to trim a garment,
appropriate for the 11th century? Herringbone appears on so many wood, bone,
antler and metal items, I thought it was a pretty safe bet. Any tips for making
my next piece more authentic?

~Wil

<P>Off the topic...is there a get-together in Maryland?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Bill<BR><BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0=
000 2px solid">Message date : Sep 23 2003, 08:30 PM <BR>From : Linda Rice <=
VMAA2@COX.NET><BR>To : list-regia-na@lig.net <BR>Copy to : <BR>Subject : RE=
: [Regia-NA] Embroidery? (pics) <BR>Wil, your work is lovely! Very nice, ev=
en stitches. ;o&gt; However, can you tell us more about how you <BR>made th=
e stitch? I'm not sure if that's really herringbone, at least I've never se=
en true <BR>herringbone in 2 colors! It doesn't really matter, because what=
 you did is perfectly acceptable <BR>anyway. Can't wait to see it in person=
 next month. *(You are still coming to Maryland, right?) <BR><BR>Pax, <BR><=
BR>::Linda:: <BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: list-regia-na=
-admin@lig.net [mailto:list-regia-na-admin@lig.net] On Behalf Of <BR>wjy851=
@mail.usask.ca <BR>Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:21 AM <BR>Subject: [=
Regia-NA] Embroidery? (pics) <BR><BR>My first real attempt at embroidery (s=
orry pics are blurry) <BR><BR>http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/=
images/misc/embroid01.JPG <BR>http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/=
images/misc/embroid02.JPG <BR>http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/=
images/misc/embroid03.JPG <BR>http://home.armourarchive.org/members/brodir/=
images/misc/embroid04.JPG <BR><BR>Is a simple single-strand herringbonelike=
 this, used to trim a garment, <BR>appropriate for the 11th century? Herrin=
gbone appears on so many wood, bone, <BR>antler and metal items, I thought =
it was a pretty safe bet. Any tips for making <BR>my next piece more authen=