[Regia-NA] Copper cauldrons

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:27:20 +0200 (CEST)

------=_Part_12703_20300679.1064348840670

I have pots with copper bottoms, but not fully copper.  It might just be not to use just any old copper container...is modern copper cookware constructed in a different fashion, such as metal content?  But otherwise, I just remember something about poisons leeching (is that the right word?) into food being cooked in copper.  I suppose the point is moot anyway...do we have any references to copper cooking pots?  (I think the original intent of my posting was to pass the info to those who might want the cauldrons to use in other processes, such as dyeing.)

Bill
------=_Part_12703_20300679.1064348840670

<P>I have pots with copper bottoms, but not fully copper.&nbsp; It might just be not to use just any old copper container...is modern copper cookware&nbsp;constructed in a different fashion, such as metal content?&nbsp;&nbsp;But otherwise, I just remember something about poisons leeching (is that the right word?) into food being cooked in copper.&nbsp; I suppose the point is moot anyway...do we have any references to copper cooking pots?&nbsp; (I think the original intent of my posting was to pass the info to those who might want the cauldrons to use in other processes, such as dyeing.)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Bill&nbsp; <BR><BR></P>
------=_Part_12703_20300679.1064348840670--