[Regia-NA] Hello

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:00:10 -0400

Hello Jan and welcome to the N.A Regia open list and a hearty welcome for you decision to join Regia Anglorum.
I see you have some 20 years with the SCA and your princple interest is in textiles.
There are members who share your background and should be able to provide you with the information you seek on household textiles.
I also have the book, Textiles in Archaeology by Peter Wild from Shire Publications.
It is out of print but you should have little difficulty in securing a copy via an online book search facility or have a registered book searcher seek it out for you.
You would also be correct in seeking out the York Archaeology Trust publications on textiles.
Regards your present name and that of Edwinnna, I'll have to get back to you regards seeking an Anglo-Saxon version of Edwin's daughter.
In the meantime please feel free to continue with Edwinna.
Jennifer has already given you the URL <http://www.regia.ca/> for the plans of the geteld - in fact they were developed by members of my Winmerestow Regia group here in the Toronto, Canada area.
In regards to the Great Western War in Southern California next month I'll have to throw that question to the list to see if any members or prospective members are planning to show up.
In the meantime I'll be pleased to answer your questions or pass them over to those who can provide more information.
All the best
Martin Field - N.A. Membership Officer.