[Regia-NA] Hello

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello to the list! I found you a couple of days ago,
and have printed out the membership form and will try
to get it in the mail today.
I've been in the SCA for around 20 years, with an
Anglo Saxon persona. Can I continue to use my SCA
name, or do I need to find a new one. I can't document
"Edwinna" to the proper time-frame, but I'm sort of
fond of it. Edwin was my Dad's name, and I know that
that is period. Is there an Anglo Saxon version of
"Edwin's daughter"?
My personal interest is in textiles. I don't have a WW
Loom yet, but I have a 45" wide and a 22" floor loom.
Also have a couple of table looms and a tapestry loom.
I have the 22" loom warped up with linen, hoping to
make a chemise and a couple of towels.
I don't have the York archaeology books yet, but I'm
planning to ask for them for Christmas. I do have four
of the NESAT books.
Is there any information on household textiles for the
proper time period?
Also, are there plans for a geteld?
Are any of you planning to come to Great Western War
in Southern California next month?
Thanks,
Jan Ward
Edwinna of Hawk's Bluff in the SCA