[Regia-NA] Geforthain Strand(i)

Wulfhere list-regia-na@lig.net
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:57:39 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3145820259_369968_MIME_Part

OOOOOOOOO! Following up my own post. Very bad form. Those less technical may
wonder what I'm proving by sending them to "Insta.com". It just means that
your browser-network is capable of talking to the server that holds
mathomhouse. It's actually on a big server(farm) that holds tons of
"blahblah.com"s. It uses something called Name Based Virtual Hosting. Soooo,
because when you try to reach a site by name, your computer automatically
tries to look up the number using DNS, you can't use the IP address trick to
get to Mathom House. Sorry.