[Regia-NA] New List for Norse-folk types

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:51:16 -0600

Morning guys

As some of you may now by know I have signed off the Norsefolk list due =
to the ever increasing high span content and the apparent lack of =
concern of it by the moderators. I average between 300-500 non work =
related emails a day and all my spam is coming from that one list. While =
I infact do have a delete button at my disposal, I find the amount of =
spam on that list unacceptable, as is the lack of concern on the part of =
the owners.

I know that others are concerned about this too so I have created a =
second moderated list for the folks that are interested in that sort of =
thing.

Anyway,

Just want to let you know that I have set up a second Norsefolk list, it =
can be found here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Norsefolk_2/

This group is meant to be a SPAM FREE, moderated alternative for the =
YahooGroup Norsefolk.

In order to reduce the number of spammers applying, after subscribing, a =
automated message will go out to the person asking them to confirm their =
interest in the group by replying all to the message, which will be sent =
to all the group owners/moderators so that one of then can approve the =
subscription. Like I said most of this is automated and is very minimal =
work for the  moderators will be minimal.

All other policies of the original Norsefolk list are enforced, they can =
bee seen here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Norsefolk/

If current members of the Norsefolk list wish to subscribe and don't =
want to deal with the confirmation process send me an email directly at =
halvgrimr@calontir.org and I will add you manually

There will be multiple moderators very soon that will be able to handle =
the additional responsibilities (which again are very minimal).

If after a few weeks the interest isn't there, I will just kill the =
group and go on with life.

For now I ask that nothing that I may contribute or pass on to you fine =
folks be forwarded that that particular group. This may seem childish =
but it is my wish for now.

Halvgrimr