[Regia-NA] viking bows

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:42:06 -0600

   I fail to see how a natural fiber back detracts so much from the=20
experience of archery in war but hey. I can only hope some grave digger=20
lifts a backed bow from British soil sometime soon. Until then, I'll=20
stick to the SCA archery range where I'm considered an authenticity=20
freak. Wood self bow with no sealant, handle grip, wrapping or arrow=20
shelf. Heck, the tournament marshall wasn't going to let me shoot off=20
the hand because it was quite unsafe.

--Wulfhere

I think you are bordering on being out of line with the above =
statements.

Reaction like this is what give us SCA folks a bad rep with the =
reenactor crowd.

Some of us try real hard to prove that not all SCA folks have a bad =
attitude and are willing to go above and beyond what is expected of us =
in the SCA to make the conversion to 'Real Reenactor.'

You seemingly are trying to ruin the work those others have done.

Chris said that this type of conversation often institutes change in how =
Regia operates.
In this case it hasn't (yet, keep working on it in a positive manner if =
it is something you feel strongly about)
But until then back off, except that at this point backed bows aren't =
allowed at Regia events.
Besides, when are you going to be at a Regia event that would prohibit =
you from using yours?
its not really an issue worth getting riled up about.

And its certainly not an issue to stomp off, take your toys and going to =
play elsewhere over.

There are some really good folks on this list, who are a wealth of =
information as a bonus;)
being pissey with them because they are stating how their current rules =
are written is uncalled for IMO.

Halvgrimr
half breed,=20
half SCAer/Half (wannabe) reenactor