[Regia-NA] viking bows

Gareth Evans list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:04:25 -0000

I do have to agree with Carolyn here.  I have been re-enactment shooting for
about 9 years and shooting for the last 22 years (I am 26).  In all that
time I have had 1 fibreglass trainer bow and 4 D-section long bows explode
on me, I have never received an injury or injured someone.  So it seems that
the linen backing would not help safety at all.

But it would turn a longbow into a composite bow, thus defeating the whole
point of shooting a longbow.  Strange idea...................

All the best

Goose

PS Hi ya Chris B