[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:42:01 -0400

Now there's a tremendous paradox. A group that tries to be so much=20
about safety essentially has managed to make the head the primary=20
target. The one place you don't want to hit someone unless you really=20
want to hurt them. A neurosurgeon once explained to me that  a=20
concussion is the brain getting forced against the inside of the skull.=20=

So, you don't need to hit someone's head, just move it so fast that the=20=

brain sloshes around inside it. So, in retrospect, I guess that weak=20
backhand is a good thing, because a solid thump would bring out the=20
stars and birds, helmet or no.