[Regia-NA] tent fabrics

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 05:35:48 +0100 (BST)

--0-2058383981-1065501348=:84078

One key thing I have never yet been able to determine is
how clean the wool for the felts is before being made
into them. So far I haven't read of anything more than
hand picking the wool apart and spreading it as to color.

I watched a programme on the felt being made,possibly by Ray Mears the brit survivalist on the making of the felt.No where in that do i remember them washing the wool before feltingIn the same{?} programme i watch them boil a goat in a milk urn by adding hot rocks & then putting the lid on.Fasinating stuff!

Regards,

Mik

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

--0-2058383981-1065501348=:84078

<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>One key thing I have never yet been able to determine is<BR>how clean the wool for the felts is before being made<BR>into them. So far I haven't read of anything more than<BR>hand picking the wool apart and spreading it as to color.<BR></P>
<P>I watched a programme on the felt being made,possibly&nbsp;by Ray Mears the brit survivalist on the making of the felt.No where in that do i remember them washing the wool before feltingIn the same{?} programme i watch them boil a goat in a milk urn by adding hot rocks &amp; then putting the lid on.Fasinating stuff!</P>
<P>Regards,</P>
--0-2058383981-1065501348=:84078--