[Regia-NA] Matthew Marino

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:02:30 -0400

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 09:11 PM, santell juan wrote:

>  Matthew,
>  What kind of objects will you have to trade and what
> kind of helm are you looking for? I'm also happy to
> report that today my wife and I made a screening
> appointment  for  lasic (and no, I'm not doing it just
> to be more authentic) :)

Glad to hear that, because there is a line, and we don't want to cross
it.

Anything wood, where you don't want any modern tool marks, like a
circular saw or disc sander. You won't find them on my work, because I
don't use them. I'm a build to order kind of guy. In the past, the
biggest limiting factor has been shipping costs. I could fashion a
lovely geteld frame, but who wants to pay for the bloody shipping. I
made a loft for a lakeside cabin but that was a big ticket item so I
loaded it and trucked it out myself. Anything you may want made from
wood in the medieval style. I have made "lasts", the forms for making
shoes. I'm currently working on some dainties for a wide web loom. I
just procured a nice Ash trunk and I will be making spear shafts for a
local gentleman. You tell me what you want, and I'll see if I can
research it and fashion it.