[Regia-NA] Re: longsword training; was: Enough of this domestic talk

William R. Short list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:35:38 -0400

"Douglas Sunlin" <dsunlin@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've been learning longsword too, Matt. Where are you training? Italian or
>German? ;)

I didn't see a reply from Matt, so permit me to step in and promote this group.

The Higgins Armory Sword Guild in Worcester, MA does regular German
longsword training classes (which Matt is now taking), as well as regular
practice sessions and occasional special events.  The guild focuses on
recreating western martial arts based on the historical
manuals.  Information is on the guild web site:
http://www.higginssword.org

An upcoming special event may be of interest to Regia folks in the
area.  Stephen Hand will be doing two day workshop on historical sword and
shield techniques in early November.  More information at:
http://www.higginssword.org/guild/text/special_cal.html

Bill