[Regia-NA] Stinging nettles

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:27:38 +0100 (BST)

--0-2105557029-1064982458=:7517

Wulfhere <wulfhere@masspostroad.net> wrote:on 9/30/03 4:20 PM, Cuthwyn@aol.com at Cuthwyn@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/30/2003 5:28:20 PM GMT Daylight Time, wulfhere@masspostroad.net writes:

I wonder if it's strong enough for a bow string??

If it's strong enough for making sea going fishing nets it will be strong enough for a bow string!

I once watched a programme about a village in South America making a rope bridge.Actually it was several villages from the surrounding area of a very deep ravine.They corded grass which being high altitude mountain grass was no longer than 6" long from which they made rope about 6" thick.There was a lot of work involved which is why the surrounding villages came together to work but when they finished the briges was safe enough to take a man & a very calm Llama{?} accross.Just goes to prove that the most unlikely materials have excellant strength.The bridge was supposed to be good for 20 years plus or there abouts.

mik

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

--0-2105557029-1064982458=:7517

<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Wulfhere &lt;wulfhere@masspostroad.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">on 9/30/03 4:20 PM, Cuthwyn@aol.com at Cuthwyn@aol.com wrote:<BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">In a message dated 9/30/2003 5:28:20 PM GMT Daylight Time, wulfhere@masspostroad.net writes: <BR><BR></FONT><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial><BR></FONT></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial>I wonder if it's strong enough for a bow string?? <BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P><BR><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">If it's strong enough for making sea going fishing nets it will be strong enough for a bow string!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I once watched a programme about a village in South America making a rope bridge.Actually it was several villages from the surrounding area of a very deep ravine.They corded grass which being high altitude mountain grass was no longer than 6" long from which they made rope about 6" thick.There was a lot of work involved which is why the surrounding villages came together to work but when they finished the briges was safe enough to take a man &amp; a very calm Llama{?} accross.Just goes to prove that the most unlikely materials have excellant strength.The bridge was supposed to be good for 20 years plus or there abouts.</FONT></P>
--0-2105557029-1064982458=:7517--