[Regia-NA] Chests

John Lambert list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:47:05 +0000

The drawing of the box (without legs but the same joint design) is on page
273 of "The Viking" by Almgren. It is in front of the nearest tent. The
caption for the drawing says that all of the items shown came from a grave
ship, but does not say which one. The Mastermyr chest has a similar joint
with very shot legs ("The Mastermyr Find" by Arwidsson and Bert.

John

>From: VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk
>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:26:27 +0100 (CET)
>
>Russ, this would be a great simple chest, and you can dimension it to what
>you might find convenient.  I think avoiding the scallops would be best
>(John, did your source have that?...I looked for the pic and couldn't find
>it in the book...can you remember the page?).  And he hit the nail
>squarely...furniture.  Can you say forge, boys and girls?  Somebody
>mentioned that this weekend...no who was that?  Hmmmm....
>
>Bill

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx