[Regia-NA] Completely OT - Concorde spotting tomorrow.

J K Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:53:03 -0000

The last flight of any Concorde anywhere in the world will take place tomorrow when the one destined to return to her
birthplace lands at Rolls-Royce in Filton. For those interested, the flight plan is as follows.

This is the proposed flight plan for Alpha-Foxtrot's Final flight on
Wed 26th Nov. Times are estimates.

Departing Heathrow, estimated at 11.10, via English Channel on
standard route out of Heathrow to the Supersonic acceleration point,
to fly around the bay of Biscay. Landing at Filton is estimated at
12.42.

Inbound to Filton Concorde will leave controlled airspace at Compton
(approximately 10 miles west of Reading), 250 knots, at 12.18

It will pass overhead Filton at around 12.27, then continue west to
the Severn estuary.

>From there it will head down the Bristol side of the estuary and turn
south to overfly Weston Supermare at 12.32 continuing east to overfly
Bristol International two minutes later.

Then it heads to fly past the Clifton suspension bridge at around
12:35 and on up to the Downs

If it is landing on Runway 27, it will go east to Cold Ashton
(junction of A46 and A420), making a 180 degree turn to line up for
landing flying over the A38 on short finals.

Otherwise, if landing 09, it will go overhead Filton heading North
then West 'over the M4' (tunnel),making a 180 turn back east for
landing.

Either approach it's estimated to land at around 12.42

Me? I've finally managed  to get hold of The Right Man and secured the last seat on  the coach arranged by the Rolls
Royce Heritage Trust for its members.

We gather at 9.30am for the short trip to Filton airfield as we need to be
in before the traffic gets too stupid. Once there, there are engines to look
at, people to see and places to be asked to vacate (!) before she comes in.

She will then taxi over to our enclosure and it appears there may be the
chance to kick a nostalgic wheel whilst it is still warm!

I might even bore you all with a picture or two...............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn