[Regia-NA] King Alfred

J K Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:59:18 -0000

And now for something completely different.

My local BBC news programme Points West are promoting a big political debate
with a historical theme entitled "Great Westerners". There are various
"contestants", none of which have the same cachet as Alfred the Great,
without whom, of course, the whole course of British history after the 850's
would have been very different.

Regia has already had a fair bit of publicity out of this as they have
filmed at Wychurst and we had a dozen or so of us in costume in Chippenham a
few weeks ago. Further, I have been invited to take part in a live debate in
December to bring the vote to a close.

The campaign is driven by a phone in and I am hoping to persuade you to make
the call and vote for King Alfred, mostly because all the other contestants
are so boring and I'd like to see my hero win!

Phoning 09011 903330 and pressing 1 will cost you a whole ten pence per
call, so could I ask you nicely - pretty please! - to ring in just as many
times as you can afford over the next seven days and secure the vote for the
only king we ever called "Great".

Overseas readers - check your local server before dialling ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Remember "No Alfred - No England!"