[Regia-NA] Re: films

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:35:36 -0600

My hopes for the movie aren't high. One of the main points of the book =
is=20
the misunderstanding surrouding the Middle Ages due to inaccurate =
movies,=20
commonly believed falsehoods, etc., and I have a feeling that this movie =

will, ironically, feed those very myths. I'm guessing the garb, arms &=20
armour, politics, etc. will probably be as bad as those depicted in =
movies=20
like Braveheart.=20

Cory=20

--this is a good assumption.

What we, as history enthusiasts, have to remember is that Hollywood =
caters to the masses of Joe Schmoes not us. We are a very small portion =
of movie goers.

Just go to the movie and enjoy it for what it is, entertainment, not =
education;)

I forgot this once and sat thru movies picking out what I could as 'no =
period', movie going was very unenjoyable during that period.

Halvgrimr