[Regia-NA] Re: Bill's Meeting

Martin Field list-regia-na@lig.net
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:30:04 -0500

Regards Bill's upcoming meeting I wanted to offer him some support and most
importantly convey to any people on the sidelines who are still debating
whether to attend some incentive of sorts. I had requested some info on Bill
so people will know the great guy he is and what he can offer, which
according to the following is one heck of alot !! Read on ......

Re: Bill Tate
> Hi Martin,
> As Bill was a member of the same local group as me, and I was for part of
> that time his group leader.

> Bill's a really nice guy. I know that sounds simplistic, but he really is
> really nice guy. Helpful, considerate, enthusiastic and a bundle of fun,
> does his research and seeks opinions to check he's right, then gets down
and
> does the job.
>
> You always get people joining who sound enthusiastic and keen to get
> involved, and when it comes to the crunch they don't turn up, or expect
you
> to do everything for them. Not so Bill. He always made the effort, learned
> how to do things and got on and did them. He's a mover and shaker, one of
> those people that makes things happen, and I've never known him to upset
> anyone doing it, which is a hard thing to achieve.
>
> A competant and safe fighter, always honourable on the battlefield, then
he
> got back trouble so concentrated more in the civilian/craft side of
things.
> Got a good LHE display together, taught himself to do bone carving as a
> craft display with authentic tools, put together a church display and did
> the research for that - managed to bless one of the most rabid pagans on
the
> battlefield when said pagan was lying 'dead' and couldn't run away - much
> everyone's amusement -
>
> Everyone in Regia UK loves him to bits, and wants him back - what more can
> say? Make the most of him whilst you've got him, 'cos we're keen to have
him
> back as soon as he can swing it!
>
> Chris.
There, so now you have it and now all you have to do is attend the meeting
!!