[Regia-NA] Some final notes on The Gathering

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:53:41 +0100 (CET)

------=_Part_33600_32453141.1068609221629

Some final notes for the gathering at my place on 22 and 23 Nov...
Tracie Brown has asked if we can work on tents. That is a great idea. I certainly have the tools for cutting any wood, although I don't think my sewing machine is strong enough to penetrate several layers of canvas, so someone will have to bring theirs. We can use my Viking tent as a template, and/or I have the old tent plans from T.I. many years back. I also have a geteld available. Does anyone else have a desire to do some teaching? Or something they would like to learn?
There has also be an idea for people to bring things they might like to trade or sell off....things like cloth, finished kit, and such would be ideal.
We will be doing Continental breakfast on both mornings; lunch and dinners are a fend for yourself. Rumor has reached me that there is an Irish pub opening in Gulfport and a suggestion has been made to make a visit for dinner (oooo, Guiness steak pie and chips).
Bring ideas for places and events that we could use as gatherings to give us exposure and grow as a group.
Please remember to bring sleeping bags. If anyone has access to any timber/lumber, we can set up my firebox in the back yard and relax on Saturday evenings. You can certainly imbibe in the poison of your choice (there might even be a bottle of Moniak mead smuggled out of Scotland to share about), but please no sloppy drunks (we are in a residential neighborhood).
I think Russ Holmes is still on this e-group, but if not, can someone forward this to him (...and Scott, can you please send this on to Chris Payne, I don't have his email address either).
Looking forward to having everyone over,
Bill (Leifr)
------=_Part_33600_32453141.1068609221629

<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 2px solid"><FONT size=2>
<P>Some final notes for the gathering at my place on 22 and 23 Nov...</P>
<P>Tracie Brown has asked if we can work on tents. That is a great idea. I certainly have the tools for cutting any wood, although I don't think my sewing machine is strong enough to penetrate several layers of canvas, so someone will have to bring theirs. We can use my Viking tent as a template, and/or I have the old tent plans from T.I. many years back. I also have a geteld available. Does anyone else have a desire to do some teaching? Or something they would like to learn?</P>
<P>There has also be an idea for people to bring things they might like to trade or sell off....things like cloth, finished kit, and such would be ideal.</P>
<P>We will be doing Continental breakfast on both mornings; lunch and dinners are a fend for yourself. Rumor has reached me that there is an Irish pub opening in Gulfport and a suggestion has been made to make a visit for dinner (oooo, Guiness steak pie and chips).</P>
<P>Bring ideas for places and events that we could use as gatherings to give us exposure and grow as a group.</P>
<P>Please remember to bring sleeping bags. If anyone has access to any timber/lumber, we can set up my firebox in the back yard and relax on Saturday evenings. You can certainly imbibe in the poison of your choice (there might even be a bottle of Moniak mead smuggled out of Scotland to share about), but please no sloppy drunks (we are in a residential neighborhood).</P>
<P>I think Russ Holmes is still on this e-group, but if not, can someone forward this to him (...and Scott, can you please send this on to Chris Payne, I don't have his email address either).</P>
<P>Looking forward to having everyone over,</P>
<P>Bill (Leifr)</P></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
------=_Part_33600_32453141.1068609221629--