[Regia-NA] Woven Silk

Lori Rael Northon list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 09:22:25 -0700

Before I go off on another useless tangent, I thought I would ask first if
anyone on the list has any information they would share regarding the types
of weaves found in silk fabric during our time period in relationship to the
Anglo-Saxons.  Twill, tweed, houndstooth, herringbone?  Solids, stripes,
plaids, checks?  I found a source for about $5 per yard (US) and would like
to purchase materials standing a good chance of being reasonably accurate to
our time period.  Sorry if this question has been asked before.  If so, just
let me know and I will check the archives.

Thanks,
Lori