[Regia-NA] curious

Hrolf Douglasson list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:18:09 +0100

Chester has evidence of intermarrying (and arguments) between the viking and
saxon population.
there are complaints in the anglo saxon chronicles of vikings coming into
town, with their bodies washed, there hair clean and brushed and their
beards combed and trimmed, and money in their pockets and 'stealing the fair
flower of engish woman hood' leaving little for the dirty, broke saxon to go
out with...over paid over sexed and over here
there are areas of the city that were mainly saxon and others that were
mainly viking and a few that were mixed...hope this helps.
vara
----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Rice" <vmaa2@cox.net>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 10:59 PM
Subject: RE: [Regia-NA] curious

Hey, no fair! You aren't the only 'beginner' here, I'm sure all of us
could benefit from the answers to your questions. ;o> You never know
what little bit of information might get picked up on that is new or
important or simply forgotten from long ago. Your question is a
perfectly good one, so let's talk about it here!

Right now my life has kicked into high gear, so the time available for
actual paper-and-ink research has screeched to a dead halt. You guys are
all I have left to feed my brain!!!

Pax,

::Linda::