[Regia-NA] Greetings friends

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 10:14:22 -0400

Hello;

   My name is Matthew Marino.  Wulfhere se Treowryhta  in the SCA. I just
popped my membership application and request for a handbook in the mail.
I am a 37 year old husband and father of one. I live in central
Massachusetts, in the town or Warren on 37 arcres of oak forest. I am a
full time I.T. Manager (computer geek), part time timber framer and, for
the last year, a full time medieval history nut. As you may have
guessed, my primary interest is in heavy carpentry. I have, believe it
or not, built a hand tooled hewn and joined "barn". It's more shed sized
but built like a house in the typical 18th century New England raised
kneewall cape fashion. I have taken classes in 16th century English
scribe rule framing. After reading a great deal of medieval history I
was fascinated by the dynamics of Anglo-Saxon England. Particularly the
reign of Aelfred the Great. So, here I am. I consider myself to be in
the study stage. Though I have one set of clothes that look, in a
photograph anyways, quite reasonable, with shoes I made to match. All
this done in a hollywood fashion by capturing the look and not the
content. That bothers me. I am hoping to listen, watch and learn as much
as I can from those who have gone before me. Most important, to spend
time in conversation with those with similar interests.