[Regia-NA] Shave Horses

Linda Rice list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:22:36 -0500

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about shave horses in
the AS/Viking period. I know there is a picture of one in use on the
Regia site, and I was wondering what the documentation is for that. We
have built one just by looking at that picture, but we need to be able
to back it up. (See how much we trust you guys!) Is the person who
actually uses it perhaps on this list? (That would so helpful!) Also,
what about the tools that were used? Were the draw knives basically the
same, or was there any significant difference in style/design?

If this has been discussed to death at some previous time, forgive me
and point me to the archives. I've done a web search, and found little
else pre-1600's _except_ for Regia!

Thanks!

:Linda: