[Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?

J. Kim Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:20:04 -0000

My concern would be that - particularly at this stage - someone may be
invited who is loquacious but with a sub-standard knowledge. I make
"pronouncements" on Authenticity all the time on this list, but that does
not mean I know enough to be an AO.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

"Spring in the air?"
"Spring in the air yerself !"

----- Original Message -----
From: <marfield66@sympatico.ca>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?

> > Great suggestion - however I'm not sure the voting thing would work
(taken literally) unless the candidate in the first place was willing to
fill the post.
> Is anyone prepared to be an AO ?
> I certainly have no problem with funding my share to send that person over
to the UK for accreditation.
> As the statement mentions on the N.A. web-site it is our expectation to
build a certain level of infrastructure here so that the N.A. group support
can rely on more 'localised' support.

----

> Could the RANA membership vote for the individual who seems to be the most
qualified for AO, then put together a fund to *help* get him/her to a
Regia-UK event for indoctrination?

> On manr?den,
>
> Osweald of Baldurstrand
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/California_Viking_Age
> http://www.geocities.com/baldurstrand/
> >From: "J. Kim Siddorn"
> >Subject: [Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?
> >Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:55:43 -0000
> >
> >"How do you become an Authenticity Officer" is a question that has been
> >asked on this list quite frequently and of course no one has answered it,
me
> >included. The reason for our coyness is that we simply do not know what
> >tell you. We evolved from a society (The Vikings) who at the time thought
> >the subject of literally no account, so we had one to ensure we kept up
the
> >pressure.
> >
> >Roland took on the job from Andy Nicholson. He was - and is - very well
> >read, has a good eye for detail and is not afraid to speak his mind. He
has
> >no academic qualifications in this field, but his knowledge is
compendious
> >to say the least.
> >
> >We know what one looks like when we see it, but not how to train one!
> >
> >Suggestions anyone?
> >
> >As an aside, I was quite disappointed to find one of The Vikings most
senior
> >Authenticity persons, Russell Scott, wearing spectacles in kit at a very
> >VERY public venue recently. (shakes head sadly.)
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Kim Siddorn
> >
> >"Spring in the air?"
> >"Spring in the air yerself !"