[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Axe loops (further thoughts)

Tate William T Jr TSgt 352 OSS/SCSC list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:09:43 -0000

Did Rolli post his response/description of these on this list (I know he did
on the Regia group)?

Bill

WILLIAM T. TATE, JR., TSgt, USAF
Security Manager
352 OSS/SCSC
DSN 238-4827 (non-secure)

-----Original Message-----
From: Schuster, Robert L. [mailto:SchusterRL@umsystem.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 2:13 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: RE: [Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Axe loops (further thoughts)

My vote...we should do away with them.  No provenance, and most likely a
reenactorism.  Our warfare is supposed to be a representation of the period.
Thus, if they wouldn't have done it, we shouldn't do it (especially for the
sake of our 20th century convenience).  And I think we should also do away
with scrams held in a spear's back hand.

--just to play devils advocate

is there any provenance for the leather "axe sheath" Kim mentioned earlier?

Halvgrimr
honestly curious