[Regia-NA] Re: Viking naval warfare

Nicholson, Andrew list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:43:34 -0000

>Apparently he's a warfare expert but not necessarily an expert on =
Vikings.
:-)

Which probably explains why he spouts such crap about things such as =
the
Vikings 'non-hierarchical command structure'.

As an archaeologist, I wouldn't accept anything he says without =
checking
back to the sources on which he bases his interpretations. Just my =
opinion,
of course, but I'd take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Of course what you want to read is Kim's book... due out again fairly =
soon.
:-)

The Irish Annals also include several references to naval battles in =
the
Irish Sea and coastal lochs from the early 9th century onwards.

Gu=F0rum