[Regia-NA] SCA-style vs. Regia-style discourse

Hrolf Douglasson list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:43:08 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C2E756.6CCA5BC0

we are always willing to help whenever we can..although the two forms of =
research are different (not better or worse just different). I can't =
always quote where and when I have seen a piece of work, although I can =
normally remember if it is from a primary or tertiary source.
Regia tends, with things like dyes, to be telling you what we have done =
and found out (eg that bright orange you get from madder is even =
brighter if you use the water from hamilton in scoltand and NO I didn't =
use any modern chemicals to get the day glow orange) and how the wear on =
a naalbinding needle changes after 3 years. If you want from us chapter =
and verse we have people for that..AO's and the like. Regia is also over =
hauling the hand book at the moment, it should be out at some point but =
don't hold your breath..there is a lot of work in that one project.
Information is available to all...and so is the lack of information. We =
have people all over the UK looking at bits and pieces, and quite often =
the evidence just isn't there..here goes the old one about there being =
no documentary evidence for children. We use that phrase as a teaching =
aid. Of course there is archeological evidence, there is rather a nice =
skeleton of a 12 year old male from the saxon period in chester museum =
in the teaching room. but the documentary evidence is scarce.
when you get an unexpected answer...please we are not trying to be =
difficault. just that we simply don't have the answer.  but some answers =
we do have, and those we are willing and eager to share.
vara
  ----- Original Message -----=20