[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Re: documentation and misunderstandings

Brett W. McCoy list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:06:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, J. Kim Siddorn wrote:

> The exchange we have just witnessed should come as no surprise to any of us.
> Lori, trained in the social customs and mores of the SCA, has most valiantly
> attempted to fit into an organisation based in another country where the
> whole thrust of what we do is different from that of the SCA. I applaud her
> effort and pride in her achievements, I really do. There must have been many
> occasions in the past where people like her have been taken aback by our
> vociferous attitude in Regia, brought about by a history of uncompromising
> attention to detail, individual and corporate experimentation and a - it
> must be said - an insular attitude to "other societies".

Those of us who still play in the SCA and try to even be at least halfway
serious about the history seem to frequently alienate people who are in
the SCA to have fun and are not at all interested in history.  I think
that's why I was drawn to Regia in the first place.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
He walks as if balancing the family tree on his nose.