[Regia-NA] FW: Medieval Recipes ...

Nicholson, Andrew list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:20:00 -0000

Louise Phillips <forteviot@HOTMAIL.COM> writes
>Hello there ..
>I know this  has been a previous topic on the list - however if anyone
feels
>inclined to email me offlist -with a  few " easy to prepare recipes " - it
>would greatly assist my Medieval Presentation .

Normally, I could offer you some, but I've had workmen in the house and
with more to come they are all safely packed away in boxes - somewhere.

A similar question was recently asked in the newsgroup rec.food.historic
- quite a good source of information in itself.  Here is the question
and one of the responses which it received..............

>Hi! I'm a newbie here, I love cooking and also enjoy medieval history and
>would like to combine this.... does anyone have some simple medieval
>recepies to share???

This website has links to many, many sources of information about
medieval and renaissance cooking:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

You can find a good selection of recipes at:
http://www.godecookery.com/goderec/goderec.htm
Each recipe provides the original medieval text, a translation into
modern English, and cooking instructions.