[Regia-NA] New England Living History?

William R. Short list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:49:42 -0400

"Sudden Service #5" <sudnserv5@netway.com> wrote:

>    One of the 'funding enhancers" I have been considering is a Ren Faire,
>Higgins Armory has gotten on that source & now does 2-3 events/year along
>that line.

I beg to disagree; I don't believe Higgins Armory Museum does Ren Faires.
They do several special events each year, one of which is a fund raiser,
and one of which is free, as a way of thanking the community for their
support.  But, being a museum, I think they try to avoid the fantasy of a
typical Ren Faire and stay pretty close to the historical sources.

Bill